Forces War Records has a vast collection of records, an historic library and a War Diaries archive contributed by the public.
The aim of the Forces War Records ‘War Diary’ archive is to bring together some of the important information, documents, pictures, events and journals of these conflicts along with our collection of military records all into one site. The War Diaries present information to researchers, historians, enthusiasts, families and students and preserves the memories and events of these most important parts of history.
To submit your own text and images for inclusion in the Forces War Records War Diary website archive please email your contribution or details to the editor at: email@example.com
Please advise what are the materials? War Diaries, Albums, negatives, loose photos, documents Miscellaneous Memorabilia.
We can accept the originals or we are happy to accept transcriptions or photocopies though if original documents are sent we do recommend that they are sent via recorded delivery to the following address:
Forces War Records Historic Library.
Clever Digit Media Ltd,
Challeymead Business Park
Unit 4 Ground Floor
Any documents sent to us will be returned to the owner in the same condition that we received them.
Please indicate whether these items are offered on loan for copying and returning or as a donation to be held in our archives or please specify if you want them donated to a museum of your choice.
The War Diaries and images in the Forces War Records archive have been contributed by the public and copyright rests with the authors, although by registering on the site they have also given Forces War Records a non-exclusive right to sublicense and use this content.
By offering Forces War Records content for the ‘War Diaries’ archive we would offer you 'Free' membership to our website as a goodwill gesture for your kind donation.
- Please note not every item donated to Forces War Records is suitable of inclusion in the website but will form part of a reference resource.
- Donated materials may be converted to an electronic format. Material donated to the archive will not be broken up or sold but will be held in storage.
Materials submitted for publication
- Written materials submitted for publication are subject to editorial approval and may be sub-edited for the sake of clarity or readability.
- Images submitted to the site may be cropped or digitally enhanced.
- Forces War Records is under no obligation to publish any text or photos submitted to the site.
- Forces War Records may reject material on the grounds of copyright infringement, offensive or other legal considerations.
- Forces War Records might use materials submitted for publication in our social media applications, this includes the likes of Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pintrest, Flicker and also might be used in emailed newsletters and magazine editorials.
Copyright and the law
If you do not wish to grant such rights to Forces War Records, it is suggested that you do not submit your contribution to this site.
By submitting your contribution to this site, you also warrant that such contribution is:
- your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to the Forces War Records for all the purposes specified above
- is not defamatory
- does not infringe any law
If you wish to use the content in a commercial context (eg a publication, CD or website the public needs to pay for to obtain), please contact Forces War Records to obtain permission. Use the ‘Contact Us’ link on the left hand side of the home page under ‘Quick Links’
If you wish to use the ‘War Diary’ content under 'fair dealing' terms - eg as part of a non-commercial project such as an educational research project or a cost-recovery project such as a public exhibition or publication, you may do so, but should acknowledge the provenance and copyright holder of the content in the following way. On a credits / acknowledgements page, or in a prominent position if used as part of a display:
You also agree to indemnify Forces War Records against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Forces War Records as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
You also agree to waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Forces War Records site and the other purposes specified above.
You may not violate, plagiarise, or infringe on the rights of third parties including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, or proprietary rights. Where appropriate, we recommend that you seek permission to share the stories of the people your articles are based on.
If there is any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and/or specific terms appearing elsewhere on this site relating to specific material then the latter shall prevail.