Our Roving Camera Greets Battle-Famed Iron Duke MAGNETIC MINE, the first to be laid by the Germans in our home waters, was included in an exhibition of mines held at the South Kensington, London, Science Museum in August 1946. It was recovered in dramatic cir cum stances from the Thames Estuary in November 1939. See story in page 124, Vol. 7. PAGE 322 U.S AIRCRAFT CARRIER Franklin Delano Roosevelt (left, background), on its first visit to European waters anchored in the river Tagus after arriving at Lisbon, Portugal, in August 1946. En route for the Mediterranean, the 45,000-ton ship fortned part of the 12th U.S. Navy Squadron, under orders of Admiral H. K. Hewitt, Com- mander-in-Chief U.S. Naval Forccs in Europe. H.M.S. IRON DUKE, 34- year-old British battleship (right), was towed through the Firth of Clyde, Scot land,on August 19,1946, en route to be broken up. Famous flagship of Admiral Jellicoe at the battle of Jutland in 1916, the Iron Duke was later used for training purposes and was bombed in an air raid on Scapa in October 1939. Sec also illus. page 298. GERMAN POLICE on duty at the entrance to an Aldershot, Hants, internment camp (below) for German P.O.W. Themselves prisoners of war, they speak English fluently, and wear British battle-dress, but retain their Wehrmacht caps. Their duty is to keep a watchful eye on those leaving and entering the camp. PLASTIC COINS in denominations of one penny and a halfpenny are now issued to the British Occupation forces in Germany, cashable only at military stores and canteens. A War Office idea, the coins supplement the ordinary currency of low denominations, and overcome the shortage of metal. Made not by the Royal Mint but by a private infirm England, they are stamped out in semi-liquid brown plastic material, hardened, and sent to Germany—to implement the two-told purpose "em erg ency ”currency. Photos, P.A.-R euler, R. Worth, Sport &Central, Plan ft News, G .P.U.