Fokker G-1 prototype in colour scheme employed during initial flight test programme at^ W elschap in March 1937 and for military demonstrations at Soesterberg AirBase the following month. Compare length of oleo legs with those of the G-1A illustrated in the five-aspect painting on P.2. Prototype in later colour k scheme, after removal off Hispano-Suiza 80-02 engines and installation of Pratt& W hitney Twin Wasps. Plan-view of prototype showing registration markings carried throughout test programmes A these were repeated underwing, X under ’starboard, 2 under port wing. “Knotted Goose” insignia of the 3rd Fighter Group, carried on the noses of that unit’s G-1A’s. KEITH BROOMFIELD Perspective view showing details of G-1A fuselage tail-cone note upper glazed panels folded inwards to allow operation df hand-held 7.92 mm. FN- Browning machine gun mounted on horizontal bar. G-1B No. 348 after capture ,by German occupation *forces. The national markings above and below the wings were retained. Plan-view of Luchtvaartafdeling G-1B, showing national markings adopted October 1939. The five-aspect painting on P.2 illustrates the marking style prior to that date. Fokker G-1B, No. 348, one of the first production batch originally intended |for export to Finland. Signed over to the LV A on 1st June 1940, the aircraft probably served with the 3rd Fighter Group at Waalhaven.
We have sought to ensure that the content of this website complies with UK copyright law.
Please note however, that we may have been unable to ascertain the rights holders of some items.
Where we have digitised items, we have done so with items that to the best of our knowledge,
following due investigations, are in the public domain. While the original works are in the public domain
we reserve all rights to the usage of the digital works.