UNDER THE EYES OF THE BRITISH FLEET The photograph above was taken from the deck of the destroyer Seymour about half an hour after that in page 1894. By tiiis time the light had improved and the British airship N.S.8 was, as Mr. Perrot states, watching the German flagship. Dirigibles of this type, the first of which was completed in February 1917, were originally intended as scouts with the Grand Fleet, and the letters N.S. stood for “North Sea.” They proved unsuitable for the work, and this was one of the few occasions on which one of them served as “the eyes of the Fleet.” Imperial War Museum 18972 b
We have sought to ensure that the content of this website complies with UK copyright law.
Please note however, that we may have been unable to ascertain the rights holders of some items.
Where we have digitised items, we have done so with items that to the best of our knowledge,
following due investigations, are in the public domain. While the original works are in the public domain
we reserve all rights to the usage of the digital works.