These six smiling soldiers are men of the 10th Royal Fusiliers occupying a German dug-out which they have captured. It is situated at Feuchy cross-roads, and its unusually narrow entrance makes it very safe cover. The village of Feuchy, or the heap of debris which had once been a village, fell to the British on April 19,1917, after being three years in German hands. Its capture was a great achievement, as it had two strong points of sinister memory— “Church Work” and “Chapel Work.” Imperial War Museum THEY HAD FOUND A READY-M ADE HOME
We have sought to ensure that the content of this website complies with UK copyright law.
Please note however, that we may have been unable to ascertain the rights holders of some items.
Where we have digitised items, we have done so with items that to the best of our knowledge,
following due investigations, are in the public domain. While the original works are in the public domain
we reserve all rights to the usage of the digital works.