Supporting D-Day 75th Anniversary.
Communities supported them by:
- Hosting a silhouette or Tommy installation
- Fundraising for their charity
- Using their educational resources in classes
This year, ‘There But Not There’ are commemorating the 75th anniversary of D-Day and the Battle of Normandy, in which 22,763 British and Commonwealth servicemen and women died. You can find out more about their launch, remembering the 749 men who died during D-Day rehearsal Exercise Tiger, here.
The money they raise from the sales will support projects that help veterans back into employment.
‘There But Not There’ are asking you to support their latest campaign by:
- Hosting a Bootprint installation – ‘There But Not There’ offer both a vinyl and a biodegradable option and they are urging communities, where possible, to choose the biodegradable option
- Purchasing your own commemorative plaque - these are a limited edition run of 22,763
- Using their educational resources - watch this space for their Second World War resources, which will be launching soon.