- British concentration in France practically complete.
- German war levies of £8,000,000 on Brussels (£11 per head of the inhabitants), and £2,400,000 on province of Liege.
- Battle of Charleroi begins.
- Franco-British loan of £20,000,000 to Belgium announced.
- Partial investment of Namur.
- Russians rout three German army corps in East Prussia, after two days battle.
- German troops invade British South Africa.
- British Government issue orders for the raising of the first New Army of six Divisions
Discover your Military Ancestors past with www.forces-war-records.co.uk