Center Col: Unset
Col Margin: Unset
Col Status: Unset
Mouse over button or menu: Unset
Home Btn Pos X (Left), Y (bottom): Unset
Mouse X, Y: Unset

Recommend this page to a friend:




On a mobile device? Try our mobile site

Unit History: RAF Harpur Hill

RAF Harpur Hill RAF Harpur Hill was originally an ammunitions dump, it opened in 1938 and closed in 1960.RAF Harpur Hill was once the biggest ammo dump in the country, over 500 acres with underground stores and even rail tunnels, its twin is the Llanberis bomb store.
Gas weapons and V bombs was stored here amongst other things, The RAF also had UXO units (Bomb Disposal) based here and later mountain rescue teams.

Forces Reunited Forum Posts Involving RAF Harpur Hill

"raf harpur hill"
Click For More

"Brian Middleton also remembers Carl Ingle and Jerry Parker from RAF Harpur Hill "
Click For More

"RAF Harpur Hill 28MU Worked on C site and in workshop and worked the projector for the Sunday film shows. Was friends with Den Smith and John Haultram Served 1954-1956 National service"
Click For More

Down arrow Up arrow 11 people in our Post WW2 records
Filter by Surname:
Down arrow Up arrow 11 people in our Forces Reunited records
Filter by Surname:
3

Active From: 1938 - 1960

One moment...

Please wait while we connect with Facebook

Loading